Friday, December 7, 2007

Broken Record

This will be a short post, because it is unplanned. As you may know from previous posts, each morning I go to the coffee shop to hang around, BS with the guys over a mug of joe, and check the obits in the morning paper, just to make sure I'm not in them. Oh, and of course, there's the resident know-it-all (the OTHER know-it-all), Al.

Frankly, Al is starting to sound like a broken record on this "global warming" conspiracy theory. When there is less snow than normal, blame Global Warming. More snow? Global Warming. Temperature higher than normal? Global warming. Temperature colder than normal? You guessed it - Global Warming.

I only bring this up because I made the mistake of mentioning, in earshot of Al, how it was unseasonably cold for this time of year. At 9 degrees Farenheit, that's about 20 degrees shy of normal for this time of year. And the 10 inches of snow is about 10 inches more than normal. This is exactly the opposite of last year, but Al claims global warming is responsible for both. It simply defies logic. But then again, the promoters of the global warming theory - and let us not forget that it is only a theory - well, those promoters cannot be accused of promoting logic.

Well, I still have not managed to trap Muhammad, the rat that lives under my shed. So I have to get out there, shovel some of that white "global warming residue" away from the shed and set another trap for him. But if I do get him, I won't be able to bury his carcass - global warming has the ground frozen solid!

No comments: