Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow Day Tirade

In Virginia, a middle school child called the school superintendent and left a nasty message on the man's machine because the man had not called a "snow day".

The man's wife then called the child back and gave him Hell for what he did.

The child then posted the woman's tirade on the Internet, where people soon began berating the woman.

But I think there seems to be a loss of perspective here, and I think people are being conned by that kid.

First, he did not post his OWN message on the Internet - you know, the one where the little SOB went on a tirade of his own, and showing incredible disrespect for authority.

I can tell you a couple of things about this situation. First, the kid was WAY out of line. He had no business questioning the authority or decision of the superintendent. Second, the kids' parents are to blame, for not raising their brat to have any respect. And raising a kid that thinks "it's all about me." A selfish, self-righteous, disrespectful little brat who would benefit from some strict discipline.

And the woman was correct - the little brat was way out of line.

And if my child had ever done something like that, I would have grounded him for a week for making the call, and I would have grounded him for two months for posting his one-sided propaganda on the Internet.

I have raised three children. I raised them to be respectful, honest, and to have integrity. I never had to spank any of them, and only grounded one of them once. And every one of them grew up to be fine young men and women to be proud of.

But I can guarantee that the brat who is responsible for this stupidity over a snow day will grow up to be a loud-mouthed, bigoted, self-righteous ass that no one except Michael Moore could be proud of. This kid, and his parents, are what is wrong with the world today.

No comments: