Sunday, July 17, 2016

Twitter Trolls

There are some on Twitter who arrogantly profess to tell me what I believe and what I do not. And they try to do what many on the left always try to do - define a person according to THEIR one-sided views and opinions. A prime example is when they try to describe Republicans as wanting polluted air and water, and want to toss Grandma off a cliff. It's all BS, but that is what they thrive on - they cannot win an argument on merit, so they try to slime the person they disagree with.

So, this post has a singular purpose: to state what I do and do not believe, in a clear fashion. And while those on the left, including atheists and their ilk may try to twist it to be what they want it to be, the reader can and should take my beliefs to be exactly as I state them here - no more, no less.

I believe that living things, as a general rule, evolve
I do not believe evolution can account for the existence of the universe
Therefore, I believe that Creationism and Evolution can co-exist. They are not mutually exclusive. First comes birth (creation), then comes growth (evolution)
I believe God exists, but having given us free choice, does not generally interfere, but does so now and again just to let us know He's still around
Like any good Father, God lets us make mistakes so we can learn, and grow stronger
I believe the Earth warms, then cools, then warms
I believe people are arrogant if they think there is anything we can or should do about the climate cycles
As a Christian I understand that the Bible does not profess Earth to be 6000 years old. In Hebrew, the word for "day" (yom) can also mean epoch, era or any other period of time. It was King James who made that (incorrect) interpretation
I believe anyone who takes any INTERPRETATION of the Scriptures as being accurate should remember it is only an interpretation
I believe Islam is not a religion of peace, but moderates want Islam to evolve into one. Others do not
I believe that, while unlikely, it is possible that Mankind is just a huge game of "Forge of Empires" being played by unseen forces of Good and Evil
I believe evil truly exists
I believe most people are generally good, but all can be bad at times
I believe Political Correctness is a disease that could destroy America, designed to stifle free speech and expression
I believe politicians who promises anything for "free" is being blatantly dishonest - there is no free lunch
I believe the liberal professors in our colleges and universities are harming our youth, and America
I believe the liberal media intentionally misleads people, to further a liberal agenda
I believe people kill people, and would do so, guns or no guns.
I believe we should welcome honest, hard-working, law abiding immigrants who will assimilate
I believe we should deport those who cheat, cut the line and come here illegally, especially if they are convicted of any crime
I believe "sanctuary cities" are in violation of federal law and the Constitution, and should not be allowed
I believe American citizens should have more rights than illegals
I believe my life belongs to God, my family, myself  & my country - in that order
I believe we are all brothers and sisters - but we don't have to like them all
I believe others have the right to disagree with me, and be wrong if they so choose
I believe abortion is murder except when there is a real threat to the life of the mother, or in cases on incest
I believe only violent offenders should take up space in prisons. Others should be subject to other penalties
I believe dealing in drugs that can, and do, kill is a violent crime
I especially believe my wife, my best friend, is the most wonderful woman I have ever met

AND, I believe that those who refuse to respect my right to my opinions, or try to bully me from expressing them are not worthy of any consideration from anyone, anywhere

I believe a lot of folks won't like my beliefs.
And I believe I don't give a hoot

And I believe I'll grab a cold one, and watch Duck Dynasty

/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well put Bill , and Liberals are the most Intolerant people .They claim to broad-minded , but theyre frauds. And very few can debate in the arena of ideas with out fudged numbers or significant omission of facts Their modus operandi is to call you a name and hope it sticks so as to create the Straw man narrative.